There is no better software that you can think of for blogging than WordPress. It is such easy software to use that even novice computer users will be able to set up their blog and to frequently update their blog. Being creative and making alterations to the blog with the help of WordPress is very easy and does not eat much of your time. If you are looking to make your blogging experience a better, easier and efficient one, then all you need to do is to follow the below mentioned tips.
Getting Your Blog Recognized
There is no point in just creating an amazing blog with very good posts and publishing it online. You have to create a very good URL for the blog to get noticed by popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. so that it is viewed by many internet users. To create an attractive URL for your new post:
- Go to the options section and click on ‘permalinks’ in the drop down menu.
- Choose custom permalinks to set your own link and then type in a new permalink structure “%category%/%postname%”.
- This will ensure that the name of the post or the name of the category, followed by the name of the post will be seen in the URL.
“Do Follow” Blog
It is ideal that you make your blog a ‘do follow’ blog as this will help in many people to follow your blog and your blog can enjoy better page rankings in popular search engines with many people sharing your posts.
- There are many do-follow plug-ins available on the internet and this can be found out by searching through a search engine on the internet or on the WordPress site itself.
- Chose one that you find is in great demand like “Add This” or “Share This” and see your blogs getting good responses from internet users.
There is no doubt that regular and repeated postings will help in improving your blog’s page rankings.
- Make sure that you write a blog every day or every week depending on the traffic level.
- An easy way to do this is to write a few blog posts ahead of its posting time and then save them as drafts.
- You can also change the post time option for these new posts to a future date and time so that it gets automatically posted when its time arrives.
- This will save your valuable time and you will also be constantly updating your blogs even if you are not blogging on the update day.
Thinking of What to Write
If you do not have information to update on your blog, then:
- You can always check out Google News search to find new information by using the niche of your blog.
- Recap a news article that you found interesting and is close to your blog content and put your comment about the event in your blog.
- You need to give your personal experience about the news so that it makes some interesting reading for your users.
WordPress offers you a lot of space to make many tweaks, tips and tricks to make your blog customized and much appealing to your readers.